Computer Aided Design and Architectural Technology 5M1940
This course is particularly relevant to students wishing to pursue a career in Architectural Technology / Architecture / Architectural Draughting. Preparation of students for suitability tests and the preparation of portfolios for Architecture Courses are strong features of the course.
Develop the necessary skills and techniques of Computer Aided Draughting and Design
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent (mature students welcome)
- Mature applicants welcome
Computer Aided Draughting (2D) 5N1604
Design Skills 5N0784
Work Experience 5N1356
Architectural Drawing 5N1558
Building Construction 5N1570
Safety & Health at Work 5N1794
Wood Fabrication 5N1999
Renewable Energy 5N4975
Learners may also have the opportunity to study Maths as extra module.
QQI Level 5 Award in Computer Aided Design (5M1940)
- Graduates may gain entry to Third Level Institutes and Colleges through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
- Click here for details of Higher Education Links
- Click here for details of CAO Requirements Lookup
Career opportunities in the following areas become accessible through the progression routes from this course to third-level colleges. Requirements for progression may change or new progression paths become available. Modules may also need to change to facilitate learner needs. * Architectural Technology
Construction Architectural Technology
- Student Services Fee: €175
- DES Programme Participation Contribution: €200
- QQI Certification Fees: €50
This is a full-time one-year course and runs from September to May.
Full-time registered students of GTI may access a range of adult education courses at a reduced fee.
GTI reserves the right to make changes in any course, to limit the number of places available or to withdraw a course. No part of this information shall be deemed to form a contract between the Institute and a student or third party.