Games Development and Design 5M2146
This course provides learners with the technical and organisational skills required to work in the Digital Games Industry. Throughout the year, students will participate in applied learning projects where they explore various roles in a range of production scenarios. These include 2D and 3D Animation, Games Design, Game Programming, Video Editing, Sound Editing and Project Management. In addition to this, students are encouraged to seek a two week work placement in an appropriate production role.
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied, or equivalent.
- Mature Applicants Welcome
- Multimedia Authoring 5N1299
- Multimedia Project Development 5N1300
- Design Skills 5N0784
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- Games Analysis Design 5N1651
- Digital Movie Processing 5N1605
- Object Oriented Programming with Sound 5N0541
- Communications 5N0690
- Work Experience 5N1356
Learners may also have the opportunity to study Maths.
This course leads to a QQI Level 5 certification in Multimedia Production (5M2146)
This course is delivered in the GTI Creative Media Labs Labs and sound studio, with classroom support for theoretical aspects of the programme. Throughout the year, students are assigned projects and must also prove their competence in a number of practical skills demonstrations.
- Business Computing and Digital Media (GA776) – GMIT
- Film and Television (GA 271) – GMIT
- Graphic Design (AL 763) - Athlone IT
- Creative Digital Media (BN021) - Blanchardstown IT
- Computer Games Development (CW208) - Carlow IT
- Media and Public Relations (CW808) – Carlow IT
- Animation (DL832) – IADT Dun Laoghaire
- Visual Communication Design (DL826) – IADT Dun Laoghaire
- Modelmaking Design and Digital Effects (DL828) – IADT Dun Laoghaire
- Audio Visual Media Technology (DL702) – IADT Dun Laoghaire
- Film and Television Production (DL834) – IADT Dun Laoghaire
- Multimedia Programming and Design (LC234) Limerick IT
- Video and Sound Technology (LC276) - Limerick IT
- Computing - Games Design and Development (Thurles) (LC418) – Limerick IT
- Creative Multimedia (Clonmel) (LC504) – Limerick IT
- Creative Multimedia (Clonmel) (LC517) – Limerick IT
- Digital Animation Production (LC518) – Limerick IT
- Multimedia, Mobile and Web Development (MH211) – NUI Maynooth
- Media Studies (MH109) – NUI Maynooth
- Digital Media (MH110) – NUI Maynooth
- Multimedia, Mobile and Web Development (MH211) - NUI Maynooth
- Creative Digital Media (TA 022) - Tallaght IT
- Student Services Fee: €175
- DES Programme Participation Contribution: €200
- QQI Examination Fees: €50
- External Hard Drive: €65
Medical card holders, Grant, BTEA & VTOS recipients are exempt from the DES Programme Participation and QQI Examination Fees.
This is a full-time one-year course and runs from September to May
GTI reserves the right to make changes in any course, to limit the number of places available or to withdraw a course. No part of this information shall be deemed to form a contract between the Institute and a student or third party.