Advanced Certificate in Sports Performance, Psychology & Fitness 6M5147
This course has been designed to enable participants to advance their knowledge and skills relevant to all areas of the Sports Industry.
Enable participants to enhance and improve their existing sports skills. It has a practical content which is delivered by qualified coaches and is designed to bring existing skills to a very high standard as well as introducing students to a broad range of innovative coaching methods, sports administration & management skills.
- Successful completion of a QQI Level 5 Award in Sport & Recreation 5M5146 or equivalent.
- Mature applicants welcome
- Fitness & Skills test
Sports Industry Practice 6N4650
Sports Psychology 6N4665
Sports Nutrition 6N4651
Exercise & Fitness 6N5345
Health Promotion 6N2214
Gaelic Football Coaching 6N5347
Work Experience 6N1946
Soccer Coaching 6N5189
- QQI Level 6 Award in Sports, Recreation & Exercise 6M5147
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training Gym-Based Exercise
- PDP1 & PDP2 (FAI)
- Code of Ethics & Child Protection (FAI)
Additional Certification may incur additional fees. Check with Course Director for further details
GTI has developed a style of teaching to meet the needs of a diverse community of learners.
This course is a progression from our Level 5 sports programmes.
We make extensive use of advanced multimedia and internet based technologies to bring subject matter to life and to ensure effective learning.
Whenever possible, we use a Learn-by-Doing approach to make the learning experience more realistic and enjoyable.
We provide learning supports that are tailored to the needs of individual learners.
Level 6 students may have the opportunity to apply for a two week fully funded Erasmus+ European Placement .
- Successful completion of this Level 6 Award will allow graduates to apply to a range of Sport, Leisure, Health related courses in Higher Education. The most up-to-date information is located at the CAO website.
Graduates will be equipped with the necessary skills to work in professional/semi-professional soccer, Coaching, Health & Leisure Industry, Community Organisations, Club Administration etc.
- Registration: €175
- DES Programme Participation Contribution: €200
- QQI Certification Fees: €80
- GTI Training Kit: €100
This is a full-time one-year course and runs from September to May.
Full-time registered students of GTI may access a range of adult education courses at a reduced fee.
GTI reserves the right to make changes in any course, to limit the number of places available or to withdraw a course. No part of this information shall be deemed to form a contract between the Institute and a student or third party.