This course will take place fully online
Delivery Method - Online - Access to a Tablet or Computer with a broadband connection is required.
Important Notice: The approach to delivery may have to be adjusted at short notice depending on advice from the Government.
Course Name: Holistic Nutrition and Health
Nutritional therapy is a way of using food, supplementary nutrients and cleansing procedures to alleviate or prevent chronic health problems by improving the body’s natural healing mechanisms. It emphasizes the prevention and treatment of disease, maintenance of optimum health, and promotion of the individual’s inherent self-healing process. It’s about treating the whole person (physical, mental, genetic, emotional and spiritual) as opposed to just the disease itself.
- To give an understanding of the key concepts of health and well-being and how to apply these using a whole food diet, supplements and a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of a healthy diet
- Dietary related illnesses and how these can be prevented or alleviated
- Improve your energy
- Increase concentration
- Enhance mood/alleviate depression
- Reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as eczema, asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, and heart disease.
- The key naturopathic principles
- Toxins in our environment
- The digestive system
- Bowel health and gut flora
- The gut brain connection
- Weight loss
- Acid/Alkaline balance - effects of acidic foods on the body and the benefits of a more alkaline diet
- Blood Sugar control
- Fats – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Dairy products
- High antioxidant foods
- Garlic and onions
- Pure drinking water
- Colds flus, swine flu and how to build a strong immune system
- Asthma / chest infections and the role of diet and supplements
- Depression and mental health
- Cardiovascular health (Heart, Cholesterol, High blood pressure)
- Bone health
- Autistic spectrum disorders and the role of diet
- Healthy diet and supplements for the menopause
- Food additives
- Today’s Diets – Atkins, low fat, Blood group, GI diet.etc
- Obtaining quality – where to shop
- Putting the theory into practice
- Menu ideas – Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks
- Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free and sugar free recipes
- Supplement recommendations for every day health and specific conditions
Award: Certificate of Attendance (on request). Pleaes email firstname.lastname@example.org