L. Patient Moving and Manual Handling - Friday 14th - Oct Course . H91 YV26 GTI Full-Time Students
Patient moving and Manual handling
- Students, Please note.
- Transfers between first aid courses cannot be made at short notice as participants are registered with PHECC in advance of the course starting.
- Anyone who cannot attend the course they have booked will be given a refund provided 72 hours' notice is given in advance of the course starting.
- Students who cancel out of GTI courses must rebook using a private provider in order to obtain the necessary accredition.
- No refunds will be given for partially completed courses.
- We will not reschedule students from partially completed courses.
- Pls review your personal diaries prior to booking a first aid course.
This course is designed for healthcare workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007
Course Duration and location:
1 day, in person, in a classroom. 14th October, 09.00 - 15.00, Columban hall, Sea Road, Galway. H91 YV26
- The Law and its Application to the Manual Handling Environment
- Musculoskeletal System
- Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Lifting
- Log Roll
- Sitting Patient up in Bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Sitting Patient to edge of a bed
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of hoist / slings
Students will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques. They must demonstrate competence in all movements and pass a written test.