Delivery Method - Online - Access to a Tablet or Computer with a broadband connection is required.
Important Notice: The approach to delivery may have to be adjusted at short notice depending on advice from the Government.
Course Name: Business Management
Award: Certificate in Business Management 6N4310
Awarded by: Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) (a credit of 15 applies)
Assessment: This course is assessed through the completion of two assignments (40%) and a project (60%) based on an organisation that the learner is familiar with.
Course Overview: This module is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth, understanding of the role and function of management in the business environment and to develop effective management skills.
• Investigate the internal environment of an organisation to include a SWOT analysis (Strength Weaknesses Opportunities Threats)
• Analyse the impact of a range of external factors on an organisation to include a PEST analysis (Political Economic Social Technological)
• Explore the roles of management in an organisation
• Evaluate a range of business management techniques and tools for planning, management control and measuring performance within a business organisation.
• Examine the difference between management and leadership.
• Appraise the role of human resources, including recruitment, selection, appraisals and conflict management.
• Design an appropriate workflow system for a business related task to include documentation of the process, identification of responsibilities and expected outputs.
• Compile a report on a management process.
• Evaluate the performance of an individual or group within an organisation.
Who is the course suitable for: Existing managers or supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification or those who wish to pursue a career in management.