Advanced Certificate in Fashion Buying, Styling and Visual Merchandising 6M4508
This course is the perfect opportunity to gain insider knowledge into the world of fashion from Styling to Fashion Buying, Fashion Promotion to Business Management including Event Management and Sales.
Enable participants to gain the knowledge, skills and expertise required for an exciting career in the fashion industry. Some of our past students are now enjoying careers as fashion stylists, fashion buyers and merchandisers. Past GTI Fashion students have progressed to many degree courses including: BA Visual Merchandising and Display at DIT, BA design for Stage and Screen at IADT, BB event Management with PR at GMIT, BA Hons Creative Direction for Fashion at London College of Fashion, BA Hons Fashion Management RGU Aberdeen. Trend forecasting and history of fashion will offer the student the professional knowledge to judge the next fashion trends before they hit the shops, giving participants the fashion edge so desired in the business. GTI Fashion students also learn to design & construct retail displays as well as unusual, exciting garments. Students plan, prepare and participate in the annual GTI Fashion Showcase (fashion show and exhibition), a great example of GTI's projects for applied learning.
- A relevant QQI Level 5 Award or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
Fashion Buying & Retailing 6N3612
Fashion Styling 6N3608
Sales Presentation 6N3567
Illustration Techniques & Practices 6N3480
Design Skills 6N3446
Team Leadership 6N1948
Work Experience 6N1946
Learners may also have the opportunity to study Maths as an extra module.
- Advanced Certificate in Fashion Industry Practice QQI Level 6 Award 6M4508
GTI has developed a style of teaching to meet the needs of a diverse community of learners.
We make extensive use of advanced multimedia and internet based technologies to bring subject matter to life and to ensure effective learning.
Whenever possible, we use a Learn-by-Doing approach to make the learning experience more realistic and enjoyable.
We provide learning supports that are tailored to the needs of individual learners.
Students may have the opportunity to travel abroad on work placement as part of the Leonardo da Vinci exchange programme.
- Students who successfully complete this course may gain entry to many Third Level Institutes and Colleges nationally & internationally.
- BA Visual Merchandising and Display at DIT
- BA Design for Stage & Screen at IADT
- BB Event Management with PR at GMIT
- BB Retail & Customer Service Management at GMIT
- BA Hons Creative Direction for Fashion at London College of Fashion
- BA Hons Fashion Management at at London College of Fashion
- BA Hons Fashion Management RGU Aberdeen
Fashion Styling, Fashion Buying, Fashion Promotion, Event Management, Retail Display & Merchandising.
- Student Services Fee: €175
- DES Programme Participation Contribution: €200
- QQI Certification Fees: €80
This is a full-time,one-year course and runs from September-May
Full-time registered students of GTI may access a range of adult education courses at a reduced fee.
GTI reserves the right to make changes in any course, to limit the number of places available or to withdraw a course. No part of this information shall be deemed to form a contract between the Institute and a student or third party.
The fashion course I took at GTI was the making of my fashion career as I followed this path once I left GTI. It prepared me well in terms of styling, business ventures and fashion blogs. I cannot recommend this course highly enough as it so specialised in its career focus of fashion. The teachers are very helpful and encourage you too follow your fashion dreams which is exactly what I did.