Media Production - Assistant Traineeship Spiddal Campus
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work independently and under supervision in a specific or range of media environments; or to progress to further and or higher education and training. This course is delivered in our Spiddal Campus
- Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied, or equivalent.
- Pre-entry guidance meeting
- Mature Applicants Welcome
- NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
- Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway
- Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Sound Engineering & Production (5N1900)
- Media Analysis (5N1298)
- Research Skills for Journalism (5N2443)
- Cinematography Camera Operations (5N1590)
- Digital Editing (5N1438)
- Script Writing (5N18476)
Learners may also have the opportunity to participate in a rang Gaeilge
This award is achieved by working on practical projects using Industry Standard Software. Learners are expected to have reasonable computer skills and will be guided through the process of preparing to work with the required hardware and software. Throughout the year students are assigned projects and must also prove their competence in several skills demonstrations and work experience placements. At the end of the year there are theory exams in certain subjects.
Learners who successfully complete this course can progress to a wide range of University and Institute of Technology courses using the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme.
This course Leads to an industry recognised QQI Certificate in Media Production 5M18518
This is a full-time one-year course and runs from September to September.
Full-time registered students of GTI may access a range of adult education courses at a reduced fee.
GTI reserves the right to make changes in any course, to limit the number of places available or to withdraw a course. No part of this information shall be deemed to form a contract between the Institute and a student or third party.
** “Bhain mé fíor-sásamh as an chúrsa seo agus tá mé ag coláiste anois ag déanamh tuilleadh staidéar!” Joe 2019
** “I would highly recommend this course to anyone who would like a genuine opportunity to get hands on practical work experience and work with fantastic tutors in a fantastic location” T 2020
** “Applying for this course was a once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse myself in the Irish language in the Gaeltacht. I now live and work here in the media industry!” K 2021
** “Work experience with the Galway Film Fleadh was one of the highlights of this course. I learned so much. You also get the opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry on this course. Chris 2022
** This Media Production course gave me exceptional work experience as well as an all round education in this field. No other course could even compare to it and I always tell everyone interested in the film industry about it. Also in one year you really become like a family with your classmates creating true friendships. Anna-Elizabet 2023
** The media production course in Spiddal is delivered in a friendly yet professional atmosphere. The in-depth practical skills learned here are directly transferrable and put into practice during work experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of working in film, tv or journalism. H. Watson 2023
Student Services Charge €175